Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bibs...

Just a quick post about bibs. I have favorites. I feel like I should share.

I was blessed with two children who were big spitter-uppers. For most of their first 9 months, my girls both had to wear bibs all day long or else I'd have to change their clothes several times a day. And even with the bibs, I did my fair share of outfit changes. Couple the spit-up with the drool once teething set in and I realized I needed to find myself a bib that did it's job the right way.

My favorite bibs for daily wear (for drool/spit-up) are the Carter's Teething bibs (formerly called the Dribble Happy bibs) Many, many cutesie designs available, like these: (click here). They're a 3 layer bib with a protective water barrier inside and they really do the job to keep your little one dry. My only complaint was that the velcro closure on the old ones wore out after numerous wearings and washings. However, I'm happy to report that they seem to have fixed that problem with the newer ones.

While we're talking about bibs, I also have a favorite brand of waterproof bib for mealtime.... My girls wear Bumkins superbibs. I love a few things about them. 1) More cutesie designs, 2) They have that little pocket that catches all the food that babies drop, 3) They wipe easily, and 4) They are machine washable and hold up after many many trips through the washing machine. Bumkins also makes these bibs with sleeves if you have a really messy kid. I haven't tried those. Looks too silly to me. I am also amused, but intrigued, by the Supersized Superbib, which is long enough to cover the lap. I'm thinking that one might be good for eating on-the-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment