Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mommy Brain with a side of Attention Deficit

Here are Kid #1 and Kid #2 using their snazzy shopping cart covers.... And here's why we use these much more than I ever thought we would...

I can't leave the kids home and go foodshopping alone. Having two kids has given me Mommy Brain (ie, stupidity, forgetfulness, idiocy) with a side of Attention Deficit. A trip to the supermarket involves way too much thinking for me these days. Decision-making hurts my brain. Focus is impossible.

Luckily, Hubby has not been inflicted with this same condition. So, every weekend we pack the two kids into the car and do our foodshopping together. We each push a cart so we have one for each kid. Enter... The shopping cart covers. It really is nice to not have to put a baby directly into a germy gross shopping cart. Kid #1 has a "Floppy Seat" cart cover (www.floppyseat.com) which she fills the pocket with Cheerios. Kid #2 has her (very pretty) Sarah shopping cart cover by The Bumble Collection (thebumblecollection.com) that I scored off my fave mommy bargains website for 50% off. Luckily, Kid #1 does not know to be jealous of her sister's prettier cart cover yet.

Once inside the supermarket with our two shopping carts, I follow Hubby around in a zombie-like state, unable to focus because there is always way too much going on at the supermarket. Occasionally, Hubby will ask my opinion and I will come out of my haze temporarily and answer intelligently.

You might ask why I don't just send Hubby to the supermarket by himself? Well, he has stated that he "doesn't know how to pick out the fruit". So my presence is indeed required. Plus, as long as the kids are behaving it's kind of nice and kind of fun to be out as a family.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment: