Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm madly in LOVE...

...with my double stroller.

I chose my first three strollers (all single strollers) pretty haphazardly and based loosely on what I'd "heard" was a good brand. And they worked just fine, but never impressed me. Now that I have my "golden child", my extensively researched and carefully chosen double stroller, I look at the other three with disdain... they are like my ratty neglected stepchildren.

I look at my double stroller the way I look at my own children. It makes my heart melt. I think it's soooo pretty! And I feel like hot stuff pushing it around because I know it gives other moms stroller envy. (Definition: Stroller envy = Coveting thy neighbors stroller.)

My double stroller gave me confidence that I could and should get out of the house with my two children, even early on when kid #2 was a newborn. (Now that I think about it, maybe I was just going out to show off my stroller???). I have taken many an excursion over the past 8 months from the grocery store to the library to the mall to the playground. And boy, this thing drives like a dream (I can steer it one-handed!), no matter the terrain.

The key to my happiness (and yours someday too maybe???) is this: I took a lonnnnnng time figuring out exactly what attributes I wanted /needed in a stroller and what I would use it for. No one ever told me to do that when I was registering for my single strollers. This time, I knew I wanted a side by side that could accommodate an infant carseat but without a very bulky adapter. I wanted rubber wheels, not plastic (y'know, for off-roading at the park) and a big accessible storage basket (ya need room for lots of shopping bags at the mall!). I found the Bumbleride Indie Twin (www.bumbleride.com) and it was love at first sight. Yes, it cost a pretty penny, but I sure got my money's worth.

So go moms... Go out in search of the stroller that will be the love of your life!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment