Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Me vs. The Sock Houdini

Forget about finding "kickproof" baby socks. They don't exist... Not for me and Kid #2, aka the "Sock Houdini". She now likes to pull off her socks and chew on them... Which I suppose is kinda cute for a baby, but this type of behavior is frowned upon later in life.

My solution is the soft-soled baby shoe or "crib shoe" which I assumed every mom already knew about, but was surprised to hear otherwise when I gave them as a gift at a baby shower. These are the cutest little baby shoes, available in tons of different designs for both boys and girls, and more importantly, the elastic openings keep tiny little baby socks on tiny little baby feet! And The Sock Houdini can't get these shoes off! (well, usually)

One well-known brand name is Robeez (www.robeez.com)... A tad pricey for this bargain hunter momma, though Striderite outlets carry them at discounted prices, so try there. I also like the Mini-star brand knock-offs at Target and the Koala Baby knock-offs at Babies R Us (under $15 per pair).

So if you have a Sock Houdini too, try 'em!! Bet you'll like them!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment