Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One more reason to love the UPS man!

A few months ago I went to BabiesRUs with my two kids for our daily "outing." (Always have to get out of the house for just a little while - keeps the sanity.) That day's task was to buy diapers and wipes. So there I was... Kid #1 sitting in the cart, Kid #2 strapped to my chest, shopping cart overflowing with two economy packs of diapers, one economy pack of wipes, and my diaper bag. Kid #1 is WHINING badly because she ran out of Cheerios. The line is humongous because, of course, there is only one cashier. I could just about feel the dirty looks from the impatient customers behind me when I got to the register and chose to pay with 2 American Express gift cards, one merchandise credit, and a credit card, got caught and played dumb when I tried to sneak a coupon for Pampers Cruisers when I was buying Pampers Baby Dry, then had to go digging for a different coupon in the diaper bag that would work. I left sweating, feeling guilty about holding up the line, and with a headache from Kid #1's whining.

Times have changed. My diaper buying experience is much more enjoyable now. Thanks to a few well-placed advertisements and a recommendation from my friend Katie B, I now have diapers and wipes shipped to me automatically from Amazon.com through Amazon Mom "Subscribe and Save". If you haven't checked it out, it's worth a peek. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/welcome. For best savings (30% off!) you set up a"Subscribe and Save" subscription for each item you need. Tell them how often you think you need it and they ship it automatically. I get my diapers in 2-days!! With Free shipping!! You get reminder emails when you have a shipment coming up and it's extremely easy to adjust the ship date if you need the item sooner or later. And if your kid goes up a diaper size, you just cancel the subscription for the old size and make a new subscription for the new size.

I know I'm sounding like an advertisement, but you can't beat the savings. And with free shipping, why should I lug the kids out for diapers anymore? Don't worry, we still go out for our daily outing. But now we have more time for fun stuff... like the animal farm, the playground... Or even better... shoe shopping!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

  1. Is it better than Diapers.com? I am a pretty loyal customer and usually get my stuff shipped free the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried diapers.com, though I've heard good things. I'm getting the huge box (176 count) of Size 4 diapers for $31.09 at amazon. I just checked diapers.com and the same box is 44.99. It's worth a look, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete